NESTTD Board Meeting Highlights
First Hybrid Meeting
Virtual and 14 Crescent St. W Newton (Rina ’s House)
June 19, 2021, 10:00 AM-12:30 PM.
Voting Members Present: Rina Dubin, Carolinda Sterczala, Debbie Hughes, Kimberly Cherry, Carol Lambert, Lauren Petrilli, Jessica Reed, Garry Ratliff,
Non-Voting Members Present: Roberta Fortgang, Meredith Branagan
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: May 22, 2021 Passed
· After minutes from the 5/22 Board Meeting were approved, the Board welcomed Kimberly Cherry as our newest MAL. Nominations Chair Carolinda Sterczala acknowledged Kimberly’s many contributions and others chimed in.
· Presenters Contract: Debbie announced the contract is almost complete.
· Media/Website Consultant/ Volunteers to assist with search: Review and discussion of current proposal from Voice Matters:
- Initial reactions: Cost is a bit high; do we do it for a “blast” and if so, how long do we follow up?
- Meredith sent it to Molly Dee, our previous marketing consultant. Molly recommended we not to do the website piece. She suggested going to a college for a class to do it. She also recommended six months minimum for media changes to stick with ongoing oversight.
- Other thoughts: While most agreed a social media presence for NESTTD is important, we need to determine cost and how to establish measurable goals – membership, visibility, short and long term vision, etc?
- Who are we as an organization, and do we want to change? Is on-line streaming a revenue opportunity for us and of value to our members?
- Is our organization still viable and can we appeal to younger clinicians?
- § Should we reach out to members who have left to ask why?
· Future programs--identify virtual, hybrid, or in person. Fall 2022 will be in-person.
· Retreat: August 14th Saturday, 10:00 am -5 pm; Debbie ’s residence with possible virtual option
§ What is your role and responsibilities?
§ Are these assigned tasks by the role (in By-Laws) or not? If not, how did you happen to take them on?
§ What tasks are daily, weekly, or monthly? How much time during the week do you spend on these tasks?
§ What do you enjoy and what would you want to change?
§ How many years do you have in this position?
§ One focus will be how to reduce responsibilities of roles and jobs?
§ Submit to Debbie by July 15th for pre-retreat discussion
· Grant, feasibility/update of previously mentioned possible resources:
· Program Committee - Planning for 22/23 season: In-person: # of programs, streaming vs virtual, etc.
· FAS - see Committee Report October 8th, Roberta Omin, LICSW: When The Therapist Has A Medical Illness (not exact title).
· RJEC: Initial Critical Consciousness Group virtual on June 23 at 6:30 pm.
· Treasurer: Funds on the low side as is typical this time of year; membership $ will boost.
· Member Services
- Membership renewals update, questions and concern: BIPOC members not renewing their membership however, there are no incentives currently to do so. When we do have programs, we can generate outreach.
- Videos: ready to sell online, what should pricing be?
- Referral Requests: Outgoing message redone to discourage requests; MALs will handle ongoing.
Carol Lambert, LICSW